Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday


1. My bathroom is almost finished!

2. My craft room is organized!

3. Saturday, one of my best friends is getting married! I'm so happy for Jess and Alex.

4. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel with my kitchen and dining room! I was beginning to think that project would never end.

5. There are only 5 more days until I leave for the beach! I am so, so very thankful that my hardworking husband is letting me go to the beach for a few days while he is stuck at work.

6. I am thankful that my hotel room at the beach is being paid for by someone else! Someone I have never even met!
-No worries. I'm not going with a stranger! I am going with my aunt, two cousins, and two of their friends. The step-dad of the other two boys is paying for our room just for taking the boys! I don't think that man has any idea what a blessing he is to me!

7. There are only 2 more days until my wonderful husband comes home! I can't wait to see him. I also can't wait to see his face when he sees how much work I've done this week. *Gasp* Did I just use the "w" word? haha

8. I am probably going back to work this fall, doing a job I will actually enjoy! Woohoo!

9. I am so very thankful for my wonderful husband that has provided me this summer off from work. It has been so nice to get things done around the house and actually have time to spend with Steven when he comes home. It has also given me the opportunity to work toward my dream career.

10. I have been given the opportunity to plan a wonderful party for my great-grandmother. She will be 90 years old in September, and I found out today that her sister is going to be able to come all the way from Oregon for the party! Mamaw traveled out west to see her about 6 or 7 years ago and was a bit depressed when she returned. I know they both probably thought it would be the last time the saw one another. I can't wait for them to be together again!

4 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hey, Emily!

Have a great trip to the beach!! That sounds like so much fun! Congratulations on getting so much work done in your home! Want to come work on mine now? :) Just kidding ~ but I do need to follow your example!

Our Family! said...

Hello, Emily! What a blessing to be planning a party for your great-grandmother's 90th birthday! Have fun at the beach. Have a wonderful week!

~ Amy

mzzterry said...

As always, Your list makes me smile. I love being married, don't you??? =)

Amy Barrett said...

Where are you going to be working??? You know you should advertise you will take pictures at birthday parties. Does anyone around here do that? I'll start spreading the word - if you want me to!