Tuesday, April 28, 2009

10 weeks


(Please excuse the nasty looking hair. This was after spending the day in Memphis and a nap in the car.)

How far along
? 10 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: - 4 lbs

Maternity clothes? Still not quite a necessity.

Stretch marks? nope

Sleep: decent; I wake up between 4:45 and 5:15 every morning for a potty break.

Best moment this week: Telling all my family the great news! (video to come!)

Movement: None that I felt, but after seeign the ultrasound, I know Peanut is a mover.

Food cravings: none

Gender: no idea

Labor Signs
: nope

Belly Button in or out? still in

What I miss: not waking up at 5 a.m.

What I am looking forward to: our next appointment

Weekly Wisdom: If you are prone to getting car sick pre-pregnancy, long car trips should be avoided during pregnancy. I'm not even safe in the front seat!

Milestones: I'm pretty sure the morning sickness is mostly over. I still get light headed and icky feeling if I don't eat often enough, but I feel fine when I wake up in the morning and the rest of the day as long as I eat. Also, I'm actually starting to look pregnant, not just fat!

Baby's development....

Peanut is now about the size of a prune or a kumquat.



"With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.) " - thebump.com

"He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.

If you could take a peek inside your womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.

In other developments: Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body." -babycenter.com

2 comments:

Stacy said...

WHAT? I had no idea! I feel just awful! You were here and I didn't even know you were pregnant! I feel horrible for not talking with you about it, but I honestly didn't know... I check your blog regulary, but I guess not regularly enough! :) Well. Anyways. Congratulations! I am very happy for you!!!!

littletoesandcheerios said...

Such an exciting time!!! Love it.