Thursday, August 6, 2009

24 weeks



Sorry for the cruddy picture. I'll get a better one put up when I get home - hopefully.

How far along? 24 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I have no access to a scale at the moment and no desire to step on one.

Maternity clothes? Yep

Stretch marks? no new ones

Sleep: Awful, thanks to the stupid bed I've been sleeping on this week. I took a nap on the couch this morning and wondered why I hadn't been sleeping on it all week.

Best moment this week: I don't know about "best," but feeling my first Braxton Hicks contraction was quite interesting.

Movement: Oh yes, there's movement, but only when his Daddy isn't trying to feel it - little monkey.

Food cravings: None this week.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs
: nope

Belly Button in or out? still in

What I miss: my bed

What I am looking forward to: seeing my bestest friend, Lauren today!

Weekly Wisdom: I think I'm all out of wisdom.


Baby's Development:



"Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon." -babycenter.com

No comments: