Sunday, July 27, 2008

I just talked to Steven.

I figured it would be easier to post the updates of his whereabouts here, as opposed to answering questions like, "Have you talked to Steven today?" "Where's your husband?" and "When will he be home?" a million different times in the next week or so.


Anyway, I just talked to him and he is still in San Benito, TX.


See the red arrow? That's where he is right now. He's about 13 or 14 hours from Jonesboro. I think. Ok, I just checked Mapquest. Apparently it is approximately a 15 hr. 4 min. drive. Nevertheless, he said the area they are currently working in doesn't look too bad, but he's heard from his bosses that the other side of town is a total mess. He believes he will be there until the end of this week at the very least, but that's not counting if they get sent to another town after that. They are working 16-18 hr. days, stopping only to eat a meal or crash in bed at the hotel at night.

He said all safety is 100% mandatory right now because of all the different types of power they have there (wind, solar, wire electricity, etc.). I still worry though. People have been known to concoct some crazy power sources after storms. Please pray for the safety of my husband and all the other linemen in Texas tonight.

No comments: