Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday


1. I am thankful that my sister has been blessed with her first full-time "big girl" job! Starting Monday, she is a "Psychological Evaluator," with her own snazzy office and everything! Oooooooo....fancy! :-) I'm very proud of her!

2. I'm thankful for wonderful friends that send me e-mails and text messages just to check on me and say hello. It always brightens my day.

3. I am thankful for the daily blessings of food and clothing.

4. I am thankful for the abundance of these blessings, so that I can share them with others.

5. I am very thankful for all the men and women in the military that are serving our country everyday. I am especially thankful that my friend Chris is safely home on leave right now and I got to visit with him last night.

6. I am thankful for those lazy days that don't require an alarm clock - even if my dogs do wake me up early anyway.

7. I am so very thankful that I have a marriage full of laughter. We laugh together pretty much everyday, and I am glad to have someone that I can enjoy life with in this way.

8. I am so very, very thankful and blessed to have been born in the U.S. There are so many little luxuries that Americans take for granted everyday. We can turn a knob and have fresh, clean, hot, running water in our homes at any time of the day or night. The same goes for flipping a switch to turn on a light. As hard to believe as it may be, there are still places where those two things are unheard of.

9. I am thankful that I am free to worship God anytime and any place I want.

10. I am thankful for the wonderful meal I got to enjoy with my family tonight.

4 comments:

Our Family! said...

Hi, Emily! What a wonderful list to read! Have a blessed week!

~ Amy

mzzterry said...

Wonderful list. thanks for the reminders! Have a blessed week. May you have at least one lazy-no-alarm-clock-morning!!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hi, Emily. I love your #7. That is such a great basis for a marriage!

I also really love your header. It's great! Is that y'all?

Emily Ann said...

Thanks! Yes, that's us. That was one of our engagement photos.