Tuesday, March 11, 2008

God sure can surprise me

A poll I saw online earlier just got me thinking about God's plan for my life and how he brought Steven into my life.

It will be 7 years this fall since I was in the 9th grade. I really don't remember a lot of things about that year, but here are a few of the things I do remember.

That was the year:
  • I reconnected with Heather. We were best friends in kindergarten, but we lost touch in elementary school when I moved to Westside. That summer we picked up right where we left off, and I don't know how I ever lived without her.
  • I discovered seniors. haha
  • "Ladies and Gentlemen, you are now freshman in high school..." We got that speech everyday.
  • I learned how to "burp" a car.
  • I learned way more than a freshman should have, in a biology class of 18 or 19 girls and 2 guys.
  • I learned to be a good, over-involved student to get out of class. (However, I did not perfect this until my senior year when I'm pretty sure I missed at least one class a week for all but 3 or 4 weeks of the school year.)

Had someone come up to me when I was a freshman in high school, on the night of the homecoming football game and told me that I was watching my future husband out there on the field and I would be dating him two years from then, I would have laughed or just thought they were crazy. I probably couldn't have even told you Steven's name. All I knew about him was that he was a cute senior, he took art, and he was a friend of the Campbell twins. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would marry him.

God sure pulled that one out of left field. :-) I'm glad He knew what needed to happen though.

No comments: