Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ten Things Tuesday

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

On this Tuesday I am thankful for...

1. Books! I love to read. While classes are in session I don't have much time for pleasure reading, but as soon as summer hits I read every chance I get. I am currently reading two books. I will finish one tonight and the other probably this weekend.

2. The public library. Most summers there is no way my bank account could keep up with my need for something to read. I also love that our library not only has books, but also books on CD, DVD's, music CD's, cookbooks, and a used bookstore!

3. My Wii! Steven finally let me get one a couple of weekends ago, and I love it! Not only do I love it, but so does he. I'm thankful for the little things we like to do together like playing board games and video games.

4. I am so thankful for the wonderful weather we have been seeing recently!

5. My sweet husband, who calls me every morning. I love starting my day like that.

6. Almyra, Arkansas. Google it. :-) You probably won't find much though. The town population is around 300. I lived there when I was young, and went back for a visit this past weekend. Every time I visit, I am shocked at how much it feels like "home." Such a wonderful little town, full of wonderful people.

7. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I am so thankful to have enough money in my bank account that I don't have to sit and worry about whether or not to put gas in my car. Even as fuel and food prices skyrocket, God keeps on providing.

8. The December '07 message board on TheKnot.com - We keep each other entertained. :-)

9. I'm also thankful that the dove finally took the hint to get out of my flower basket and make a new nest in one of the many trees in my yard, before my flowers died.

10. My puppies have been so well behaved lately! Emerald even let a stranger (Steven's co-worker; stranger to her, not us) get in our car a few weeks ago with out going berserk!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love your list. I'm crazy about books too. What do you think of Sherlock Holmes? If you run out of what to read or need a quick 'fix' and you're online, hop on over to http://sherlockholmesclub.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful week!

Sharon,
http://thereservoir.wordpress.com

Our Family! said...

Hello, Emily! I really enjoyed reading your list. I am new to blogging and came across "Ten Things Tuesday" on someone's blog (I can't remember which one, though). Enjoy your week.

~ Amy

Carrie said...

Excellent list! Especially books, a sweet husband, and the knotties!! I agree. :)