Friday, October 3, 2008

What's one more?

Last night Steven decided to play around on the internet for a few minutes. When he "woke up" the computer, the window to my blog was on the screen. Normally, he just closes it and goes about his business. This time he didn't though. He stared at my header, as if something was wrong with it. Then he said the words that I knew would come out of his mouth, "Aww, you don't have Poncho on there." He was very accusing, as if I intentionally left that poor, stray dog out of the family line up. Ok, maybe I did.

I admit it. I purposely left him off. I was hoping he might just decide he didn't like our house and leave. Maybe Poncho and Biscuit wouldn't get along? No chance of that, Biscuit wouldn't care if we had 10 other dogs. But wait, what if someone came along and claimed him? Yes I know, everyone wants a skinny dog that is incredibly lazy and doesn't know the meaning of 'sit,' 'stay,' or 'down'.

You are probably thinking,"Who is Poncho?" or "Did they really get another animal?!"

Yes, we have expanded our family once again. Poncho is an awkward yellow lab/hound dog that appeared at our house almost two months ago. I really didn't think he'd stick around, and I had no intention of allowing him to. My husband, however, insisted we feed him, "Until he leaves." Yeah, Steven - he's gonna just walk off after we feed him. Well, two months later he is still here. A few weeks ago Steven mentioned getting rid of him once he fattened up, but that plan collapsed too. He decided Biscuit needed a friend. Biscuit does seem to like him, and in all honesty, we've become a bit attached too.

Without further ado, meet Poncho!





2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm totally loving Poncho. What a cutie - esp. his yawning photo... "Look mom, you can see down my throat"

Lori said...

Aww! Look at those sad puppy eyes! How could anyone resist!