Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"Your marriage will be perfect if your wedding isn't."

That is what one of the ladies at church told me tonight, and boy I sure hope it's true! I'm about to pull out my hair.

*Rewind to April*

I booked the Huntington Building for our reception. Talked directly to the mayor and his secretary about it. A lot of good that did me.

*Fast Forward to Yesterday*

They called yesterday-exactly 4 months before my wedding-to inform us that they had sold the building, and it would be undergoing renovations at that time! Okay, do they really expect me that plans were made and approved yesterday to sell and renovate this building? I'm pretty sure they have known a little longer than that.

Our invitations came in two weeks ago. They were not cheap, and they have the reception info printed on them! Needless to say my family is not very happy. We have all been calling every place we can think of to find a replacement. We've even enlisted the help of several friends to call places too. The problem is, that place was pretty much a last choice for me. I'm having an even harder time finding anything available now.

I'm calling the mayor's office back tomorrow to ask for more suggestions. I fully intend to make this THEIR problem, not just mine.

No comments: