Monday, December 15, 2008

My Power Outage Checklist

Here are a few things that I did/should have done just in case the power goes out. You would think that I would have thought about this stuff BEFORE my husband left town this afternoon.

  1. Plug in phone.
  2. Pray the phone gets a full charge before the power goes out. This is especially important to stupid people like me that have no car charger.
  3. Get the kerosene heater out of the shed. Yeah, this is one of those things I should have thought about before he left. Let's hope I don't have to figure out how to do it myself.
  4. Buy kerosene. Yeah, another one of those things I should have thought about before he left.
  5. Put anything work related that I may need tomorrow on my jumpdrive. This one I did! If the power goes out here before my order finishes processing, at least I have a back up IF I can get somewhere else to send it off.
  6. Charge our iPods. -This one I did, but only because we have one iPod in the iHome radio in the kitchen at all times, and it automatically charges them. Hey, I'll need some music!
  7. EAT - Definitely did this. :-)
  8. Order pizza - I didn't do this one. Should have. Pizza is better cold anyway, so it would be a good thing to have on hand that I wouldn't have to worry about heating up.

And another thought....because I am the wife of a lineman, I think that I should have seniority over anyone else when it comes to the order power is restored. :-) I know, I know...it doesn't work that way. It depends on how the lines run/fall...but I can try!


Anyway, let's just hope we wake up in the morning with electricity! Please, please, please...

No comments: